I'm trying to upload a 1GB folder remotely, but before the file is finished it seems I am logged out. It is well under the 2GB limit. What can I do? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to upload a 1GB folder remotely, but before the file is finished it seems I am logged out. It is well under the 2GB limit. What can I do?

I just noticed about 5 minutes into one upload it asks if I want to stay on this page or leave this page (a normal IE popup, but I didn't ask it to navigate away to anything)...

Also, if you are familiar with backups please see my thread below. Thanks

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/whs2011/thread/20b786b4-d66b-4a43-a088-481fcd5c61ac

James A+, Network+, MCP

Monday, January 9, 2012 3:52 PM

All replies

• It may be something to do with your Server timeout period which I recall is set for 30 minutes by default. Search this forum (or the VAIL Beta forum) to see how to change it if that's the issue ( posted how to do it on here somewhere).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 4:09 PM
  • It's popping up when the file finishes uploading. I just tried a smaller file and when it's complete it says "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?". I didn't try to navigate away from the page... I would think it should say complete?
    James A+, Network+, MCP
    Monday, January 9, 2012 4:11 PM
  • I'm trying to upload a zip file from my work PC as a test of the upload capability. I am not using the Easy Transfer tool and prefer not to. The file is around 30MB. It seems that a few minutes into the upload the screen goes blank and IE has a popup asking me if I want to "Stay on the page" or "Leave the page". I'm not asking it to navigate to another page. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe you can help. I'm assuming after a file successfully uploads I should get some confirmation?

James A+, Network+, MCP
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Should I get a confirmation?
    James A+, Network+, MCP
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:24 PM