none
IIS Multiple Site hosting concerns RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I am new in windows web hosting I am actually Linux guy, but I need a help. 

OS - Server 2012 R2.

In my IIS manager console I have one application, lets says, webapp1, already set up, and its listed outside of "Default Web Sites" section and it can be opened as webapp1.domain.com. Ports used 80, 8080. But it has also folder under Default Web Sites, and multiple blue globe iconed sections with little pages on the side of the globe (I know I am dummy beginner on this, sorry), and on browser on main page those are links which goes to other pages of the site. So I guess you got the idea. That how was set up on this server.

So I installed another application, and by default it was added under Default Web Sites and using port 80, it is accessed as servername.domain.com/webapp2name. And it is also using port 80. Just server servername.domain.com opens IIS default page. My question is, is it ok to leave this new application I installed under Default Web Site section? Or will it create conflict with existing webapp1 application in future? Looks like name based web hosting, since all using port 80. Just wan to make sure.

thank you 

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Admin18,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question is more related to IIS, you could post a new thread in IIS forum for suitable support.

The CLR Forum discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. Also discuss all the other Microsoft libraries that are built on or extend the .NET Framework, including Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF), Charting Controls, CardSpace, Windows Identity Foundation (WIF), Point of Sale (POS), Transactions. 

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:04 AM