Prblème when Migrating from Salesforce.com to Dynamics CRM Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We are trying to migrate the data from Salesforce.com to Daynmics CRM Online but we are facing some issues as some errors messages comes up saying whe need to visite the MS Dyanmcis Community or contcat the admin.

Is there please any best practics that you can share with me guys ? step by step migration from Salesfocre.com to dynamics would be great.

Kinds regards

Lahcen

Dyanmics CRM Online
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Lahcen,

With regard to best practices, there is some good instructional information about using the data migration wizard online through the resource center.  Here is one for working with Salesforce.com data http://rc.crm.dynamics.com/rc/2011/en-us/online/5.0/help/ui_idw_salesforce.htm

A few key considerations are to ensure that the csv file you are importing is clean.  By that I mean that it has no special characters, no extra commas or other anomolies that will cause parsing errors.  One of the best tips I've discovered is to import about 5 rows of the data as a test and see if it imports without error.  If there are errors, correct those and try until you get a clean import.  This will give you the information you need to clean up the data file before importing.

You might also want to try Scribe as they have a Salesforce.com template that will help you get the data imported more easily.  There will be a little bit of a learning curve for Scribe but if you have a lot of data to import this might be the way to go.  Additionally, there are several CRM Partners who have a lot of experience importing Salesforce.com data into CRM Online and contracting their services might save you a lot of time and be well with the cost.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:11 AM
  •  

Hi Lahcen,

Depending on the complexity and extent of the data you need to bring across, our CRMMigrate product has been written specifically for the purpose of porting ALL the data from Salesforce.com to Dynamics CRM (V4, CRM 2011 On Premise and Online).  As part of the product we provide config/solution files that add the fields into Dynamics CRM to support the standard SFDC fields, we also ad a field to hold the SFDC Record ID.  The mappings/translations are all done for the standard tables and attributes, we auto populate the Option Lists in Dynamics. We recommend mapping ALL the users from SFDC into Dynamincs, including those no longer activite, this way the historical integrity of the data i maintained, but you can map multiple users to a single user in Dynamics if you wish to.  We also take care of oddies like not being able to add products to a closed opportunnity in Dynamics which makes it difficult to create correctly entered historical Opportunties in Dynaminc CRM.  Another feature is that you can re-start a migration from a point of failure, i.e. if for any reason your connection breaks, CRMMigrate keeps a recoord of where it got to, so it can pick up from the point of failure.

So if your needs are beyond just exporting accounts/contacts etc and importing into Dynamics CRM then take a look a CRMMigrate. http://www.qgate.co.uk/products/qgate-products/crmmigrate/crmmigrate.aspx

Kind Regards

Rowland.

QGate.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:28 PM