What can be changed and still use the COA RRS feed

• Question

• I have a valid COA, DISK, BOOK for 32bit vista ultimate. I have installed this on a system with too little ram and speed for Vista normally. Many programs exist on the net to strip out vista, make it smaller, faster for older slower systems. Will this still be a valid system and if not why not?
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 1:55 AM

Answers

• Hello earlytvs,

I can't answer that question because I don't know what these programs are doing.

I can, however, forsee of a situation where such a software could turn Vista Non-Genuine, if it tried to modify or delete protected system files.  Vista moniters a number of it's system files and if they become modified or deleted without Vista knowing why, it will assume they were modified or deleted in an attempt to bypass it's security and Vista will flag itself as non-genuine.

Not to mention that any modification of the OS can lead to unstable and unpredictable behavior.

I'm Not saying you can't use these programs, just that there may be unforseen negative results. I encourage you to research any program you think of using in this way. Check out any Reviews, User Feedback and if they have one, check the Forum of the site that hosts the software and see if (or how many) other users are experiencing issues.

Hope that helps,
    Darin MS

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:53 PM