Cannot remove user from my onecare circle. RRS feed

• Question

• In my one care circle, under the PC Name:  DONNA I click on in blue letters "Remove this PC".

In new box I confirm:  Yes, remove this computer

A new box pops up and states:  An error is preventing OneCare from performing this action.  Please restart your computer and try again.  Restarting the computer does not help.  Box continues:  If the problem still occurs, contact the help center.  So I click on the link at the bottem of this box that reads in blue letters "get help".

A new box pops up and OneCare is looking for answers tp my question.

A new box pops up stating OneCare found these answers to your question.  THE FIRST:  Restart OneCare service ... I click the button that follows thar says FIX IT.   Fix It changes to FIXING.  OneCare closes and I re-open.  I try to remove DONNA again.  Still does not work.  I go back to answers box.  THE SECOND:  Fix issues preventing OneCare from working correctly on this....  followed by a FIX IT button.  I click on button.  The button soon changes to FIX FAILED.  THE THIRD AND LAST ANSWER:  Go online to search for answers to your question followed by a button that reads GO ONLINE, I click.

A IE* window opens staerts with: 
    Welcome to Windows Live OneCare Help
    There are 3 help topics on the left:  1 OF THREE states  Manage computers in your OneCare circle and I click...
    Remove a computer from your circle

1. For the computer that you want to remove, next to Details, click the drop-down arrow.
    2. Click Remove this PC.
    3. Click Yes, remove this computer.

I do this and am back to where I started.

2 OF THREE states:  Manage your OneCare circle from a hub PC

Remove a computer from your circle

1. For the computer that you want to remove, next to Details, click the drop-down arrow.
    2. Click Remove this PC.
    3. Click Yes, remove this computer.  I do this and am back to where I started.

3 of three states: 
  • The status of a computer in your OneCare circle appears as unknown
  • I found no help here.

What do I do?  Since I created this circle, can I just get rid of this created circle? How?

Thank you for your assistance.  :)  ivan

Friday, April 17, 2009 12:20 PM

Answers

• hello, Ivan. Support should be getting back to you within 24 hours since you ahve opened one or more support cases.

If you have another PC with OneCare on it as part of the same Circle, you can try the following:
    Make the other PC a Hub PC.
    Once it is a Hub, remove the "DONNA" PC from your Circle.
    If it is successful, change the PC back to not being a hub.

Note that removing a PC from the Circle will cause OneCare to become unsubscribed on that PC.
    Also, if that PC is no longer working or OneCare has been removed already, then removing it from your Circle is optional. It is only really needed if you are trying to add another PC to the subscription and you receive an error that you already have too many PCs on the subscription.

The error you are encountering can be temporary and may resolve itself in a day or so. It might also be an issue on the PC, which is what "Fix It" was attempting to resolve, but was apparently not successful in doing.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 17, 2009 1:55 PM

All replies

• Also, one time I remember a window stated error was due to a corrupted OneCare file.  I cannot remember how I got to that window though.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 12:24 PM
  • Next I tried start Chat support:

Chat support:

ChatIcon
    Please have your service request number available for the support professional.
    Begin chat with support professional.

Chat began to open, chat started hooking up with a Kristina.  THEN the window closes.  Box opens and states an error occured... do you want to send  a report, I always click yes.  Report is generated .  I close little box.  IE8 page closes.  Reopens and states chat page has expired and cannot be reopened.

Some how I have received 2 or three of the following email message, each with its own Confirmation number probably because I tried to open a chat 2 or three times. 

CONFIRMATION
    Confirmation number:1099701727
    Your question was successfully submitted to Microsoft.
    A Microsoft professional will respond to you in e-mail within 1 business day.
    Print or save this page or note the confirmation number for your reference.

Product: Windows Live OneCare

THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED - Please do not reply.

This is why I have started this discussion. 

Again, Thank you for your assistance. 

:) 

ivan.

Friday, April 17, 2009 1:05 PM
  • hello, Ivan. Support should be getting back to you within 24 hours since you ahve opened one or more support cases.

If you have another PC with OneCare on it as part of the same Circle, you can try the following:
    Make the other PC a Hub PC.
    Once it is a Hub, remove the "DONNA" PC from your Circle.
    If it is successful, change the PC back to not being a hub.

Note that removing a PC from the Circle will cause OneCare to become unsubscribed on that PC.
    Also, if that PC is no longer working or OneCare has been removed already, then removing it from your Circle is optional. It is only really needed if you are trying to add another PC to the subscription and you receive an error that you already have too many PCs on the subscription.

The error you are encountering can be temporary and may resolve itself in a day or so. It might also be an issue on the PC, which is what "Fix It" was attempting to resolve, but was apparently not successful in doing.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 17, 2009 1:55 PM
  • Thank you, everyone.

It was a long night, and the tech was very polite.

My situation has been forwarded to a research engineer for further troubleshooting.

:)  ivan
    Friday, April 17, 2009 10:47 PM