E-Learning for MCITP Enterprise Admin in the UK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

For sometime I have been considering on taking the MCITP Enterprise admin certification, but as I work full time, I am finding a bit difficult to find a "not hugely expensive" training course which could be done at home, in my own time.

Last year I purchased the Self-Paced training kit books, but I am aware that exams 640 and 642 have been updated to R2 and Windows 7, so my books are "no good". I am awaiting now to preorder the new books for R2 (which will come out in August?).

I have been looking for online training (e-learning) centres in the UK but I don't know whether there is an official list of elearning centres.

I have found a website that in the course + exam price, they include "intructor-led" online training videos, exam practice and multimedia presentations, and they guarantee the pass or they will refund the price (typical marketing...)

However I am slightly concerned that their materials haven't been updated to R2 and Windows7.

Sorry, after all this here is my question, is there an official e-learning centre in the UK that their learning materials are pretty good, they got everything updated and anybody would recommend?

Cheers :)

Monday, April 4, 2011 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You may find in your case then using the Microsoft E-Learning is beneficial and I know a lot of exam centres in the UK are offering for exam voucher, second shot and Microsoft E-Learning for £199. Also I have seen some of the local exam centres running courses at weekends as they understand most people work and unless employer sponsored its hard to come along.

I am not to sure if the Microsoft E-learning has been updated to R2 but the easy way is to study for the exam with what you have and learn about what the differences are in R2 and also checking against Exam objectives how your knowledge is in the areas tested.

I have always found that if you have a solid understanding of the Subject you are being tested on its much better preparation than the narrow view that the self paced books cover as you can then adapt to the questions.

Good luck either way,

Kevin

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:27 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 11:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may find in your case then using the Microsoft E-Learning is beneficial and I know a lot of exam centres in the UK are offering for exam voucher, second shot and Microsoft E-Learning for £199. Also I have seen some of the local exam centres running courses at weekends as they understand most people work and unless employer sponsored its hard to come along.

I am not to sure if the Microsoft E-learning has been updated to R2 but the easy way is to study for the exam with what you have and learn about what the differences are in R2 and also checking against Exam objectives how your knowledge is in the areas tested.

I have always found that if you have a solid understanding of the Subject you are being tested on its much better preparation than the narrow view that the self paced books cover as you can then adapt to the questions.

Good luck either way,

Kevin

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:27 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 11:19 AM
  • I know a lot of exam centres in the UK are offering for exam voucher, second shot and Microsoft E-Learning for £199. Also I have seen some of the local exam centres running courses at weekends as they understand most people work and unless employer sponsored its hard to come along.

Thanks for the info. 

I was trying to send you a private message to get the names of those companies offering the training for £199 but I can't find the option.

Could you post it here maybe?

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:09 PM