Manufacture deleted all data RRS feed

• Question

• HI,
    I have a RS5 Home media server which during the summer had a reboot loop problem. I sent it back the the manufacture with ( foolishly) all my data drives. Having been told that they needed to reinstall the Server sys drive and that all my data would be safe.  On return all data gone. The 4 other 2tb drives have been reformatted by manufacture and new DE folders created ( blank). I have been using Get BAck Data NTFS and can see all my data and folders, but as the the data is spread over multiple drives and not fully undersatnding how DE works I am worried I will not be able to garentee all data recovery. I can see my old DE folders and the new ones with the software.

Is there any simple way to undo the new format on the drives and get the data back.

Currently it takes 23 hours to scan the drives and then guess which folders to take off.
    Cheers

hello
    Monday, December 14, 2009 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    for unformatting the disks you will need 3rd party software.
    Avoid anything what could write something on these disks before this part is completed!
    The FAQ How to recover data after server failure describes how to recover the data, once the unformatting has been done successfully.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, December 14, 2009 1:02 PM