CRM Invoice VAT calculation based on some percentage ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello  !

how can we calculate a VAT amount based on some % for CRM invoice entity?

thanks.

ja

Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:58 AM

All replies

• Well there are several approaches to this depending on where you want to see the calculated VAT. If you need to see it on the invoice form in CRM then you can customize CRM to add a VAT percentage field and use JavaScript or a Business Rule to calculate the VAT amount and populate the out of the box Tax field. Or you can use a third-party addd-on such as eTax from MyCRM http://downloads.mycrmgroup.com/eTax.aspx.

Another approach is not deal with tax on the invoice record in CRM but instead on the document that you are producing from the invoice. For example, if you use SSRS to produce an invoice report you can have the report perform the tax calculation - you'll still need to specify the VAT rate to use on the invoice record.

Friday, July 1, 2016 10:10 AM
  • we managed to calculate VAT amount based on some defined percentage value using the JS. but how can we add VAT amount in invoice grand total automatically? without entering any line item. we just need the same functionality as freight amount do.. though we can utilize "freightamount" built-in field to achieve our goal but want to know if there is a way to handle this separately.

thanks.

ja

• Edited by Ja08 Monday, July 4, 2016 7:27 AM
    Monday, July 4, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Well if you use the out of the box Tax field to store the calculated VAT, I think that the VAT amount will be included in the total. 

You might need to re-open the record to see the new total or click Recalculate on the command bar.

Monday, July 4, 2016 7:56 AM
  • we cannot use inbuilt tax field (handling) because it is something needs to be counted on invoice line item level Not on invoice level itself. we have created two custom fields on invoice form one to store % of VAT and second one for actual VAT Amount (which is calculate using the JS) but this VAT amount is not adding to the  invoice total while saving/recalculating.

ja

• Edited by Ja08 Monday, July 4, 2016 9:46 AM
    Monday, July 4, 2016 9:45 AM
  • I see, then I think you will need to add it as an invoice line item. Perhaps as a write-in item.

None of the sales entities (quote, order, invoice) will include custom fields in the total.

Monday, July 4, 2016 10:14 AM
  • As a work around for now we are planning to use Freight Amount builtin field to achieve our goal because we are not using FA in our sales process. we just renamed the Freight Amount field label to VAT Amount and created a single custom field to store VAT percentage. so whenever a sales/billing guy set a VAT percentage in that field VAT amount gets calculated automatically and added to the VAT amount Field and on re-calculate/save it gets added to the grand total. this what all we need. but I am curious how we can handle all this without using FA field.

thanks @Feridun Kadir for regularly looking into this thread and replying back.

ja

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:38 PM
  • You are welcome. 

I am curious as to why you didn't use the Tax field instead of the Freight Amount field.  Aren't they both at the invoice level rather than the product level?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 6:59 AM
  • Tax field on invoice level can not be used directly this field depicts taxes calculated on invoice line item level AND VAT is something needs to be calculated on invoice total amount.

thanks.

ja

Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:40 AM
  • Yes of course, I completely forgot that the field is Total Tax and is calculated as the total of tax on each line item.  Sorry for pointing you in the wrong direction.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:43 AM