Office Communication server and client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have some basic doubts regarding OCS2007 server.I am working in a small firm if i want to utilize  OCS server feature for my company. Is it required to install OCS2007 in  every system or  install OCS2007 server in one machine and install OC clients(i dont know whether such application is available or not) in other system.Please give me good idea about MSOCS2007.

Thanks,
    Sree
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Sree,

Depending on the number of users in your company, you could choose between OCS Standard Edition or OCS Enterprise Edition. OCS Standard Edition will support companies with less than 1000 users. This is a single server deployment for OCS.

On the client machines, you will have to rollout Office Communicator.

The OCS_Planning_Guide.doc contains information about which configuration suits best for your company.

HTH

Bernd

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Sree,

Depending on the number of users in your company, you could choose between OCS Standard Edition or OCS Enterprise Edition. OCS Standard Edition will support companies with less than 1000 users. This is a single server deployment for OCS.

On the client machines, you will have to rollout Office Communicator.

The OCS_Planning_Guide.doc contains information about which configuration suits best for your company.

HTH

Bernd

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 1:43 PM
  • Hi Bernd,

Thank you very much.

Sreejith
    Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:09 AM