WHS Will not install RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running an installation of WHS V1 for the last few months. A few weeks ago I had a drive failure, I tried to continue running with the installation after replacing the bad drive but continuing issues prompted me to install a fresh version of WHS V1.

I've been trying to reinstall(New Installation) WHS for the last two weeks on the same computer which WHS was originally running, and I have not been able to get WHS installed. The installation will allow me to format the drives, copy installation files however upon the first reboot, the installation process stops. Typically the error is that NTOSKRNL.exe is not found, or no boot device is located. I've tried this installation with multiple drives existing and new, I've also formatted the drives on a separate machine to make sure there where no hidden files causing problems with the installation. I've also tried  creating a new WHS Installation disk and this has not helped either. I've disconnected the pc from my network and also made sure no other drives are attached during the installation other the drive I wish to load the OS on. And still I can not get WHS to install.

The computer is as follows:

Sony Vaio VGC-RB38G
    Pentium 4
    2GB Ram
    1 x 250 GB Seagate HD 
    4x 2 TB Seagate HD

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm desperate to get this running. Thanks!

Sunday, April 24, 2011 10:24 PM

All replies

• Check your BIOS settings to ensure the disk controller is set to IDE and not ACHI.

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

I have been running an installation of WHS V1 for the last few months. A few weeks ago I had a drive failure, I tried to continue running with the installation after replacing the bad drive but continuing issues prompted me to install a fresh version of WHS V1.

I've been trying to reinstall(New Installation) WHS for the last two weeks on the same computer which WHS was originally running, and I have not been able to get WHS installed. The installation will allow me to format the drives, copy installation files however upon the first reboot, the installation process stops. Typically the error is that NTOSKRNL.exe is not found, or no boot device is located. I've tried this installation with multiple drives existing and new, I've also formatted the drives on a separate machine to make sure there where no hidden files causing problems with the installation. I've also tried creating a new WHS Installation disk and this has not helped either. I've disconnected the pc from my network and also made sure no other drives are attached during the installation other the drive I wish to load the OS on. And still I can not get WHS to install.

The computer is as follows:

Sony Vaio VGC-RB38G
    Pentium 4
    2GB Ram
    1 x 250 GB Seagate HD
    4x 2 TB Seagate HD

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm desperate to get this running. Thanks!

BullDawg
    Monday, April 25, 2011 10:42 AM