Configure Remote Access (error 80072f19) RRS feed

• Question

• What I did was:

I have turned on the web site, and router settings check are all passed.  When I tried to register for a domain name, I got
    "The following error occurred during Domain Name Setup: Unknown error (0x80072f19)80072f19"

I know this has been talked about a lot, but none seems to solve my problem.

I tried to use public IP address (I set port forwarding of 80,443, 4125,3389 to my internal IP of the WHS) to access my WHS from Internet, it works fine.  Just cannot register for a domain name.

Is there any work around or solution to my problem?
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:02 PM

All replies

• What I did was:

I have turned on the web site, and router settings check are all passed.  When I tried to register for a domain name, I got
    "The following error occurred during Domain Name Setup: Unknown error (0x80072f19)80072f19"

I know this has been talked about a lot, but none seems to solve my problem.

I tried to use public IP address (I set port forwarding of 80,443, 4125,3389 to my internal IP of the WHS) to access my WHS from Internet, it works fine.  Just cannot register for a domain name.

Is there any work around or solution to my problem?
    Try checking the date and time on the server and make sure they are correct.  Also, it's not necessary (and not recommended) to forward port 3389 from your router to your server.
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Thanks for your advise.  What should be the correct date and time?  I am using a english version of WHS but I am in Asia.  What date and time or time zone should I set?

Should I also change the region and language setting in control panel?
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:18 PM
  • Thanks for your advise.  What should be the correct date and time?  I am using a english version of WHS but I am in Asia.  What date and time or time zone should I set?

Try setting it to whatever time (and time zone) it is where you are (and do it through the Console), then reboot the server for good measure.

Should I also change the region and language setting in control panel?
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:23 PM