backing up Money Plus RRS feed

• Question

• 1. My MSFTt Money Plus trial version keeps reminding me to back up after each use. Do I need to do that after each use, or is my OneCare back  up taking care of that?

2. Why does the OneCare  Tune Up check list always show a yellow  "Defragment Hard Disk" or "File needs backing up"

even thou'  the status is grood/ green?

Thank you

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 8:17 AM

Answers

• If your backup plan includes the selection for Financial files, I believe that your Money file is being backed up. It may still be a good idea to use the Money Plus backup feature for safe measure. I am still using a much older version of Money, but there should be an option for you to specify the location of your backup file and let it make a backup copy every time you close the program.

Tune-up runs the Windows Defrag utility in a timed mode that does not first analyze the disk status. That means it plows through the disk until time is up and if it didn't reach the end, you get the yellow warning. Ignore it.

If you are getting the file needs backing up message, I assume that your backups are running on a different schedule than Tune-up. Therefore, when Tune-up runs, files have changed since the prior backup and you'll get the warning on the report. Neither warning is deemed critical enough to change your overall OneCare status from Green.

-steve

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:20 PM

All replies

• If your backup plan includes the selection for Financial files, I believe that your Money file is being backed up. It may still be a good idea to use the Money Plus backup feature for safe measure. I am still using a much older version of Money, but there should be an option for you to specify the location of your backup file and let it make a backup copy every time you close the program.

Tune-up runs the Windows Defrag utility in a timed mode that does not first analyze the disk status. That means it plows through the disk until time is up and if it didn't reach the end, you get the yellow warning. Ignore it.

If you are getting the file needs backing up message, I assume that your backups are running on a different schedule than Tune-up. Therefore, when Tune-up runs, files have changed since the prior backup and you'll get the warning on the report. Neither warning is deemed critical enough to change your overall OneCare status from Green.

-steve

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:20 PM
  • Thank you for your reply and your help, Stephen.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 11:31 PM