Hibernate after backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 pcs attached to my Windows Home Server. I am delighted with it's performance except for the fact that it leaves all 3 powered on after a scheduled backup. All 3 are configured to standby after 25 mins & hibernate after 30 mins. I put them into hibernate each afternoon & they are scheduled to backup at 2am. Every morning all 3 are powered up & running. Any ideas please?
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 1:29 AM

Answers

• I have 3 pcs attached to my Windows Home Server. I am delighted with it's performance except for the fact that it leaves all 3 powered on after a scheduled backup. All 3 are configured to standby after 25 mins & hibernate after 30 mins. I put them into hibernate each afternoon & they are scheduled to backup at 2am. Every morning all 3 are powered up & running. Any ideas please?
    There have always been issues with hibernate/standby on some PCs.  Power Pack 2 did help some of those PCs.  Have you completely updated your server?  What are the component numbers (Settings button, Resources tab)?
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:05 AM
  • I see this problem also on machines w/o any Home Server Connector. Something makes them decide to wake up and not fall into sleep again. Especially "nice", if this is a laptop on battery. It's solely a matter of the operating system and it's drivers, if the settings are working as expected or not.
    You may wish to check for newer drivers (especially chipset and power management related) and a more current Bios.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, April 20, 2009 11:41 AM

All replies

There have always been issues with hibernate/standby on some PCs.  Power Pack 2 did help some of those PCs.  Have you completely updated your server?  What are the component numbers (Settings button, Resources tab)?
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:05 AM
  • I have the exact same problem with a Lenovo T61 laptop.  I have Power Pack 2 and all of the numbers are 6.0.2030.0
    HBV
    Monday, April 20, 2009 10:27 AM
  • I see this problem also on machines w/o any Home Server Connector. Something makes them decide to wake up and not fall into sleep again. Especially "nice", if this is a laptop on battery. It's solely a matter of the operating system and it's drivers, if the settings are working as expected or not.
    You may wish to check for newer drivers (especially chipset and power management related) and a more current Bios.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, April 20, 2009 11:41 AM