Error Importing Dynamic CRM 2011 Online Customer Portal RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Abby,

If you want to deploy both the portals, you don't need to install both the solutions in CRM. You can follow these steps:

1. Install only the customer portal solution in CRM (don't install the other one)
    2. Import content from both the customer portal and partner portals. This is the websitecopy.exe step in the documentation. You'll have to follow this step for both the portals
    3. Deploy both portals in Azure following the documentation

You'll need to add different users to control the partner portal and the customer portal.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

Thanks
    - Palak

• Marked as answer by Abby_Doc Friday, March 4, 2011 11:47 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Abby,

Did you happen to modify the "MSA-Event Management: Send Acknowledgment Email" process from the PRM portal after installing it?

- Palak

Monday, February 21, 2011 11:29 PM
  • Hi Palak,

No, I did not make any changes to the "MSA-Event Management: Send Acknowledgment Email" process .

The only change I made was to the "MSA-Patner Portal: Partner Portal Sign-up Invitation" process from PRM as required by the setup steps to change the URL for the partner portal.

Thanks,

Abby

Monday, February 21, 2011 11:52 PM
  • Hey Abby,

Can you try deactivating the two processes and then import the solution? Please let me know if that works.

Thanks
    - Palak

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 12:07 AM
  • Hi Palak,

I deactivated the 2 processes you suggested but the import failed again. So, I deactivated the other processes referenced in the log as causing errors (See below)

PRM Deactivated Processes Before Import

After deactivating the other processes causing the errors the import completed successfully and on checking the processes tab I found they have all been activated but also some processes for the PRM no longer exist. The  "MSA-Partner Portal: Partner Portal Sign-up Invitation" and 2 of “MSA-Event Management: Attendee Post-Event Process” (See below)

After CRM Costomer Import auto activated

The question is, even though the import was successful I am still not sure exactly what changes it has made to the system and how that will affect both portals functionality.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Abby

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 1:43 AM
  • Hi Abby,

If you want to deploy both the portals, you don't need to install both the solutions in CRM. You can follow these steps:

1. Install only the customer portal solution in CRM (don't install the other one)
    2. Import content from both the customer portal and partner portals. This is the websitecopy.exe step in the documentation. You'll have to follow this step for both the portals
    3. Deploy both portals in Azure following the documentation

You'll need to add different users to control the partner portal and the customer portal.

Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

Thanks
    - Palak

• Marked as answer by Abby_Doc Friday, March 4, 2011 11:47 PM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Hi Palak,

Thanks for the reply and will try your suggested solution.

Since I have already deployed the Partner Portal Solution to Azure. Do I have to remove it and start all over to make sure the deployment works as intended?

Thanks,

Abby

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 3:05 AM