Error retrieving the com class factory RRS feed

• Question

• I am installing an ERP. One of the piece which runs under IIS calls a 32 bit dl.  I made sure I enabled the "Enable 32 bit application" on all the application pool. I am using IIS 8 which is running on Windows server 2012. I have very little knowledge about IIS but I am not an expert.  I have installed the same ERP for my another client on the windows server 2012 without any issue.  Here is what I see when I try to access the webpage.  I have been struggling with this issue over 2 days now. Any help will be appreciated.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {940779FA-1BE7-4BAC-9691-6A786642779B} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Bharathi B,

This forum is discussing and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Registry, Globalization, Reflection. Based on your description, I am afraid this is out of our topic here, and your case more related to IIS. I would suggest you using the following forum, please repost this issue in that forum for better support. Thanks for your understanding.

https://forums.iis.net/

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 17, 2016 3:25 AM