Started up Microsoft Fix It. But Individual Programs Give Back An Error: Launch MatsWiz Failed. Error Unknown error (0xfffffffe) RRS feed

• Question

• I Started up the Microsoft Fix It Program. I then clicked on various solutions. Individual Programs don't start but Give Back An Error. Example: Launch MatsWiz Failed. Error Unknown error (0xfffffffe).

I am running Win7 (64 bit)

Additionally I tried to start the individual Fix It programs that I downloaded to my HDD. They come up as they should. I accept the terms. It goes to the next page & says it's loading software, then it just sort of disappears without an error message or any thing. Never to be seen again.

I noticed if I start the MS Resource Monitor prior to starting these programs on my HDD that after a short time the related programs show as terminated on the Resource Monitor.

Not sure if this will help. I went to the Event Viewer - Windows Logs - Applications & found the following:

Warning 1/5/2011 11:05:46 AM MatSvc 12 None

Log Name: Application

Source: MatSvc

Date: 1/5/2011 11:05:46 AM

Event ID: 12

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: RAS-PC

Description:

The MATS service encountered a failure when getting HTTP proxy settings. hr=0x80072F94

.Keyword:GetUrlProxyInfo

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="MatSvc" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32772">12</EventID>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-01-05T16:05:46.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>48238</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>RAS-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>hr=0x80072F94</Data>

<Data>Keyword:GetUrlProxyInfo</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Not sure if this is relevant.

I just ran checkdisk and there didn't seem to be any problems. I then tried to run the program again but got the same result.

I am now using Smart Defrag to defrag the C drive. It's not very fragmented so I'm not sure it will help.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 4:47 PM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center(Beta).

Based on your description, the binaries(MatsWiz.exe or MatSvc.exe) in Fix it Center may be destroyed or missing, Can you reinstall Fix it Center and try again, if this issue still exists, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Sam

• Marked as answer by Sam Zeng Monday, February 14, 2011 2:31 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 6:47 AM