Is this not compatible with Core2 Duo? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop running Vista Home Premium (64bit) that has a Intel Core2 Duo processor. When I try to install either the 64bit or 32bit livemesh.exe I get the following error:

Please use the correct setup program for your processor.
    [800702D0] {Machine Type Mismatch}
    The image file %hs is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine.

So is Live Mesh currently incompatible with Core2 Duos or am I having some other issue?
    Friday, March 27, 2009 4:04 AM

Answers

• If the OS is 64 bit you need to use the 64 bit installer. If the OS is 32 bit, you use the 32 bit version. Yes, Live Mesh will work on Core2Duo processors with both versions of Vista, 32 bit or 64 bit, or XP 32 bit.
    In your case, you would want to install the 64 bit version of Live Mesh and it should work. Since it is failing, please file a bug report:
     Sticky: How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Here is how to obtain the servicing logs from a failed installation, (grabbed from an older thread):

f you run into an error during the installation of the Live Mesh softwarea Servicing.log will be created.  To get this log:

1.  Click
    Start
    2.  If you are using Vista, type Servicing* in the search bar. If you are using XP, click Search and then type Servicing*
    3.  In the search results you will see Servicing.log or Servicing[0000].log depending on where the installation failed. 
    To go directly to the file, the Servicing log
    is in INSTALLDIR\Setup\Servicing.log or %temp%\Live Mesh\Servicing[0000].log if Live Mesh was uninstalled/rolled back during a failed installation.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, March 27, 2009 2:19 PM

All replies

• If the OS is 64 bit you need to use the 64 bit installer. If the OS is 32 bit, you use the 32 bit version. Yes, Live Mesh will work on Core2Duo processors with both versions of Vista, 32 bit or 64 bit, or XP 32 bit.
    In your case, you would want to install the 64 bit version of Live Mesh and it should work. Since it is failing, please file a bug report:
     Sticky: How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Here is how to obtain the servicing logs from a failed installation, (grabbed from an older thread):

f you run into an error during the installation of the Live Mesh softwarea Servicing.log will be created.  To get this log:

1.  Click
    Start
    2.  If you are using Vista, type Servicing* in the search bar. If you are using XP, click Search and then type Servicing*
    3.  In the search results you will see Servicing.log or Servicing[0000].log depending on where the installation failed. 
    To go directly to the file, the Servicing log
    is in INSTALLDIR\Setup\Servicing.log or %temp%\Live Mesh\Servicing[0000].log if Live Mesh was uninstalled/rolled back during a failed installation.

-steve
    Friday, March 27, 2009 2:19 PM
  • oddly i tried again today and it worked. not sure what i changed. but i'm happy regardless.
    Saturday, March 28, 2009 5:44 PM
  • Glad to read that it worked for you eventually.
    -steve
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:54 PM