Region And Keyboard Settings are blank on Install screen RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install Windows Home Server from DVD on Vista Ultimate. When I get to the Region And Keyboard Settings Install screen, both dropdowns are blank. I can click the "Next" button but it goes to a blank screen and then re-boots. How can I fix this?
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 6:45 AM

All replies

• "I'm trying to install Windows Home Server from DVD on Vista Ultimate".  You can't install WHS from within Vista, you can only install the connector software.  In order to install WHS you have to boot from the dvd and it will wipe out your vista install. WHS is a whole different operating system.
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:08 AM
  • But that's the problem. I did boot from the DVD and not from within Vista. The Region And Keyboard drop downs on the install UI's are blank. I can't type anything into them and that (I think) causes the install to fail. 
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 10:00 PM
  • JJMilton said:

But that's the problem. I did boot from the DVD and not from within Vista. The Region And Keyboard drop downs on the install UI's are blank. I can't type anything into them and that (I think) causes the install to fail. 

In that case, what is the hardware configuration you are trying to install it on?  If you click on the drop-down arrow, does it show any choices?
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 12:59 AM
  • It's about 10 year old Dell Dimension but I've updated the graphices card, HD's and DVD burner. I just did a fresh install of Vista Ultimate and made sure all service packs have been installed. No other software is on the machine except for MS One Care.

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.4 Ghz
    767 MB Ram
    MAXTOR STM 3500630A ATA Harddrive 111 GB
    WDC WD12JB-75CRA) ATA Harddrive 464 GB

DVD Sony DVD RW DRU-540A ATA Device
    NEC NR-7900A ATA Device CD ROM

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT Video Card
    RealtekRTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:11 AM