Suggestion: Support for autotagging with Yahoo Term Extractor RRS feed

• General discussion

• There are bunch of plugins for Wordpress that allow automatic creation of tags when adding new post , and it is one feature that I still miss in WLW. It would be great to have a plugin that would add this functionality. So once you would press "save draft" it would fetch the keywords and put them to tag field. Of course you still have to edit them before publishing, but still - big help.

More info on yahoo term extractor and their API: http://developer.yahoo.com/search/content/V1/termExtraction.html

If google/live search have similar features, it would be nice to combine them all...

Friday, January 23, 2009 7:59 AM

All replies

• Whilst it doesn't use the Yahoo API you mention, there is a plugin that autogenerates tags based on the blog content, you can download it from http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDetail.aspx?li=bbb14b2a-0250-4513-a942-cb99a3459ab9&bt=9&pl=8 Off the top of my head, I can't remember whether the developer made the changes so that it's all added into the post automatically without the user having to do anything, but it certainly generates the tags automatically.
    SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    Friday, January 23, 2009 8:36 AM
  • Hey. thanks for this info. This looked like solution, but...

I just tried the plugin , but every time i click generate (tags) it freezes :| and WLW crashes... 

I am using latest version of WLW (RC which is same as 2009 release)...

Ideas?

Friday, January 23, 2009 10:31 AM
  • Have you got a version of MS Office installed? the plugin does require office to get the tag suggestions.
    Friday, January 23, 2009 11:05 AM
  • yes. i have office 2007 business installed...
    Sunday, January 25, 2009 10:44 AM
  • I am the author.  I have Office 2007 myself and have no problems with it as it relates to this tag. Is there a way we can do a Messenger app sharing so I can see what is happening?
    Monday, January 26, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Hi there! Great to hear from you! Sure, I will be happy to help nail this problem.

Please contact me thru msn weird_god@hotmail.com , and we will try something...

Maybe VNC or something - because i use trillian and not MSN client, so i dont think msn app share would work...

Also please mind the time difference - i am gmt+1 so it would be great if you could reach med weekday 9-16h local time.

Monday, January 26, 2009 12:01 PM
  • Sorry you will have to get MSN. I don't use other sharing applications.

Try reinstalling office and Writer and see if it fixes it.

Monday, January 26, 2009 1:48 PM
  • It might be worth trying to run the plugin again, then after it crashes, check the Live Writer logfile (help > about > show logfile) and see if there's anything in there that could give a clue as to what's causing the crash.
    Monday, January 26, 2009 2:00 PM
  • Ok, this is what shows in log:

WindowsLiveWriter,1.6344,None,00002,27-Jan-2009 10:55:36.998,"Starting Windows Live Writer 14.0.8050.1202",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.6344,None,00003,27-Jan-2009 10:55:36.998,".NET version: 2.0.50727.1434",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.6344,None,00004,27-Jan-2009 10:55:37.101,"Not monitoring legacy registry key in HKLM.",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.6344,Fail,00005,27-Jan-2009 10:55:37.115,"Warning: The bitmap for plugin Plugin is not the correct size (it should be 16x16 or 20x18).","   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.LogFileTraceListener.Fail(String message)
       at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.Fail(String message)
       at System.Diagnostics.Trace.Fail(String message)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceInfo.VerifyPluginBitmap(Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceInfo..ctor(Type pluginType, Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceManager.AddContentSource(ArrayList contentSourceList, Type contentSourceType, Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceManager.RefreshContentSourceLists(Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceManager..cctor()
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.PostEditorLifetimeManager.Initialize()
       at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.LaunchFirstInstance(IDisposable splashScreen, String[] args)
       at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.LaunchAction(String[] args, Boolean isFirstInstance)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.SingleInstanceApplicationManager.Run(String appId, LaunchAction action, String[] args)
       at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.Main(String[] args)"
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.6344,Fail,00006,27-Jan-2009 10:55:37.117,"Warning: The bitmap for plugin LiveWriterExamplePlugin is not the correct size (it should be 16x16 or 20x18).","   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.Diagnostics.LogFileTraceListener.Fail(String message)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceInfo.VerifyPluginBitmap(Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceInfo..ctor(Type pluginType, Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceManager.AddContentSource(ArrayList contentSourceList, Type contentSourceType, Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentSources.ContentSourceManager.RefreshContentSourceLists(Boolean showErrors)
       at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.LaunchFirstInstance(IDisposable splashScreen, String[] args)
       at WindowsLiveWriter.ApplicationMain.LaunchAction(String[] args, Boolean isFirstInstance)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.SingleInstanceApplicationManager.Run(String appId, LaunchAction action, String[] args)
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.6344,None,00007,27-Jan-2009 10:55:37.647,"499 499",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.6344,Fail,00008,27-Jan-2009 10:57:06.192,"Unexpected Error Occurred
    Exception Details:
    An unexpected error has occurred within the application.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
       at TagCreator.DialogForm.GetRowsByFilter(DataTable Table)
       at TagCreator.DialogForm.btnGenerateTags_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    ",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.7504,None,00001,27-Jan-2009 10:57:38.275,"User is opted out of CEIP",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.7504,None,00002,27-Jan-2009 10:57:38.292,"Starting Windows Live Writer 14.0.8050.1202",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.7504,None,00003,27-Jan-2009 10:57:38.292,".NET version: 2.0.50727.1434",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.7504,None,00004,27-Jan-2009 10:57:38.359,"Not monitoring legacy registry key in HKLM.",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.7504,Fail,00005,27-Jan-2009 10:57:38.372,"Warning: The bitmap for plugin Plugin is not the correct size (it should be 16x16 or 20x18).","   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.7504,Fail,00006,27-Jan-2009 10:57:38.373,"Warning: The bitmap for plugin LiveWriterExamplePlugin is not the correct size (it should be 16x16 or 20x18).","   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.7504,None,00007,27-Jan-2009 10:57:39.052,"499 499",""

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:02 AM
  • Try http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/writergeneral/thread/62fe5222-5511-4fb4-a143-7c319d27d530/ particularly the suggestion given here:

OK folks, we have a pretty bad bug here. Somehow the XML files that store a list of your server-side tags, can get corrupted. When that happens, Writer can't start. To work around this, delete all the files under:

Vista:
    %AppData%\Windows Live Writer\Keywords\

XP:
    %UserProfile%\Application Data\Windows Live Writer\Keywords\

That'll let Writer start again. You'll have to hit the Refresh button inside the tag control, in order to get the list of tags back.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we're investigating how to fix this for real.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:34 PM
  • make sure you have .NET 3.5 installed...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:16 PM
  • After following both advices,and after instaling Microsoft Office Live Aid, plugin started to work!

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 10:56 PM
  • Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:55 AM