Communicator hangs when a voice call ends RRS feed

• Question

• Any of my users who are running Windows XP have issues when a voice call ends with Communicator.  I have no issues with Vista.  When I or they end the voice call, Communicator becomes unresponsive.  They have to end task and relaunch Communicator.  Any ideas?
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 10:17 PM

Answers

• Hi.  Really sorry I haven't gotten back to you.  After you asked for the logs, it hasn't happened again.  Granted we hadn't tested it again.  If it happens again, I'll post the log.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:05 PM

All replies

• What version of Communicator are you using? Go to Help--About 

Is it 6090?

Monday, April 9, 2007 5:59 AM
  • Yes.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 3:17 PM
  • Hi Beaum,

Does this happen for all calls? Or just from communicator to communicator? Communicator to PSTN? PSTN to Communicator? Etc.

Monday, April 16, 2007 5:59 AM
  • I am trying to figure this out as well.  I have a few open posts on the google forums and no one has responded.  I never experienced this when using LCS 2005.  I've also noticed that my users (xp pro, sp2) on desktops don't have any problems but all my laptop users crash after "hangup".

I'm also using 2.0.6090.0

Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:55 PM
  •  Thom Foreman-Moderator wrote:

Hi Beaum,

Does this happen for all calls? Or just from communicator to communicator? Communicator to PSTN? PSTN to Communicator? Etc.

Just communicator to communicator.  We haven't gone beyond Communicator to Communicator yet.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:24 AM
  • mine are communicator to communicator
    Friday, April 27, 2007 10:02 PM
  • I am trying to pull in some more resources to help us with this.
    Monday, May 7, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Can you set the following registry key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Tracing\uccp\Communicator and set EnableFileTracing = 1

Restart Communicator and reproduce the issue. This will create a communicator-uccp.log file in %userprofile%\tracing. Please post this file and we will review.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:57 PM
  • Hi Beaum,

Can you let us know the status of your issue?

Were you able to get the log requested by Chad? Can you post it here if you have? If you have resolved your issue, can you share it with the forums?

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:48 PM
  • Hi.  Really sorry I haven't gotten back to you.  After you asked for the logs, it hasn't happened again.  Granted we hadn't tested it again.  If it happens again, I'll post the log.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:05 PM
  • Hi Thom,

Exactly facing the same issue... Can you assist me on this...
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 4:15 PM