none
How to enable Admin$ and remote Admin$ on windows 10 through registry RRS feed

• Question

• I need to connect to my network computers ..  \ \ computername\c$ 

I am able to connect to all win7 but not to the Win 10 .. it looks like the admin share is disabled by default

I cannot access the PC physically .. I have an admin domain account and I need a way to create the key remotely 

I tried to create the key :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy"=dword:00000001

but still cannot access the C$

please advise

Thank you 

N. Bazzi 

• Edited by nbazzi Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:24 PM
    • Moved by Stanly Fan Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:00 AM from windows form general
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:16 PM

All replies

• Hi nbazzi,

Please refer to the following document:

How To Connect to a Remote Registry.

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at Microsoft Community. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Thank you for your understanding.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:44 AM
  • Stanly, 

Thanks for your reply .. Actually accessing the remote registry is also one of the problems on those PCs .. I couldn't connect to the remote registry in order to fix the admin$ issue !!! getting the error : "unable to connect. Make sure that this computer has remote administration enabled .. "

I sent the a remote command to start the service "remote registry" I got a successful execution reply .. but still can't connect to remote registry .. any thoughts ???

C:\windows\system32>WMIC /node:"COMPUTERNAME" process call create "cmd.exe /c net start remoteregistry"
    Executing (Win32_Process)->Create()
    Method execution successful.
    Out Parameters:
    instance of __PARAMETERS
    {
            ProcessId = 5460;
            ReturnValue = 0;
    };
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:39 PM