Win7-Client does not re-enter standby after backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    which command uses WHS to revert a client back to standby after finishing the backup?
    Background: One of my clients does not go back to sleep after wake-up and finish of the nighty WHS-backup, but it does not have any problems with entering standby manually. I use it all the time on this machine without any issues, several times a day. It's a Win7 system.
    Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:48 AM

All replies

• AFAIK WHS does not actively put the client in standby or hibernate. If you want that please have a look at the Lights Out Add-in from Martin Rotschink

Otherwise please check you power saving settings, make sure it's set to standby or hibernate after a number of minutes.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:06 AM
  • Well, I have the same problem with Windows 7.

While it never was (and still is) on my XP and Vista machines. Even on the same machine, which started out with XP, had a clean Vista install and now a clean Windows 7 install I'm only having these problems since it runs Windows 7. A hardware identical machine (mac mini) which still runs Vista always goes back to sleep after a backup is made.
    Figured it was a driver problem when I just started out with Windows 7, but after loading the drivers from Snow Leopard the problem didn't go away :(

I sure hope this gets resolved.

Media Center Plug-ins: http://www.mcesoft.nl
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:49 PM