Off Topic: error saving after printing RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have never in my life seen something like this before. But, I have a user that if he prints to an e250dn Lexmark USB printer if he chooses to save in Excel afterward save or save as it will lock up and cause excel to crash.. I have tried office 2000 and 2003 with different service packs and on 2 different laptops and the same result is achieved. Does anyone have an idea why this happens? I have changed his printer over to a HP IP printer and no error..... I have spent more than a week trying to solve this before narrowing it down to the printer, now I have no idea as to what to do.

thanks in advance.

john pittman
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:12 PM

All replies

• I presume you have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers and they are the latest for the os concerned?

I've never used this machine but i would suspect the drivers, so try this - go into device manager and uninstal the entry for the printer (this just gets rid of the the drivers for the printer but leaves anything else installed alone). Restart your machine and windows should ask for the installation disk and re-install the drivers only.

Tom

Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:54 PM
  • Hi John

Sorry but this forum is dedicated to Windows OneCare, you can look for help and an answer here http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

chuck

Sunday, September 23, 2007 5:58 PM