none
My Dell laptop with Windows 10 has been hacked What can I do

Question

• I just got a warning that my computer running windows 10 has been hacked.  What can I do, and what software is best to clear up the problem
    Saturday, October 29, 2016 12:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• The best way is to rebuild the whole system.  If i am you, I will format my drive a few times and rebuild it with a Genius Microsoft OS.

Good luck

Saturday, October 29, 2016 12:54 AM
  • They'll help you over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:05 AM
  • What kind of warning was this one? Was it from some website?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:49 PM
  • I just got a warning that my computer running windows 10 has been hacked.  What can I do, and what software is best to clear up the problem

IMPORTANT!

Before you do anything else!

1. Backup any data from the machine, by copy it to another interface. Make sure the other interface has anti virus. Try to backup files and not folders (by copy folders you copy the hidden files which might include the virus).

2. Next, backup your disk into an image (file) using the built-in tolls. Check this blog for more information:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/220986/how-to-use-all-of-windows-10%E2%80%99s-backup-and-recovery-tools/

3. Now and only now that your data is "safe" in binary level, you can start your attempt to clean the machine. Attampt to clean a virus can lead to more serious issues (depending on the virus and your actions).

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, November 13, 2016 5:48 PM