to update an active contract in CRM 2011 -urgent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created Contract by using SDK, from out side of CRM. Now Iam stuck on a point that the contract are ACtive, Is this possible to Update the value of that contract BY using SDK e.g by coding. By changing the status of the contract to draft and the Do the changes and then re Activate the same.

Another  What is the concept of CLONE Contract.

Thanks 

Monday, September 30, 2013 4:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Santosh,

I think You can not change status of contract from Active to Draft using CRM SDK. We can do this for other entities But not for contract.

You can achieve your requirement by Cancelling the existing contract and create copy of it and then modify the copied contract and activate it.

OR

We can achieve it though some unsupported way like update Contract from SQL database.

Thanks!

• Edited by Kalim Khan Monday, September 30, 2013 5:42 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 5:31 PM
  • You cannot edit an active contract therefore you should not make it active. Use a custom field of status and control the editing of record using javascripts.

Regards Faisal

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If we do not make the contract active we wont be able to create case on the line Item  from front end.

Is this possible to to do by using Sdk.

I did not get what you told me to create custom field and control it using Javascript. 

Then how we will be able to create Case at sales line.

please send me some link regarding CRM

thanks 

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 7:33 PM