WHS Reinstall not showing RRS feed

• Question

• I originally installed WHS on a 3 disk systems - disk 1 system; disk 2 &3 data

I then reconfigured my disks with the system disk now being on Sata port 3 rather than the original 1.

I have also added more data disks.

Now when I try and reinstall WHS the Reinstall prompt does not show

I have 3 questions:

1.  if I restore the system disk to SATA port 1 then will the REINSTALL prompt show

2. Before the reinstall, will WHS recognise the data on the disk that was on SATA port 1 and which is now on Sata Port 3

3. After the reinstall, will WHS recognise that there are additional disks with data
    Monday, December 1, 2008 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    As it's a SATA system, did you have the appropriate drivers available for the Re-Install. If not, did you change the BIOS settings to IDE compatable (or similar). WHS will not recognise SATA drives natively, so you have to do one or the other. Also, it will only ever look for the bootable disk on drive connector 0, so you will need to ensure your system disk is connected correctly.
    Once you do so, and comply with the other items, then you should get the re-install option and, as WHS keeps an internal record of disks in use, it should also make no difference to WHS where/how they are connected.
    The re-install should recognise all disks that have data on them which has been placed there through WHS, it will not recognise anything on other disks. Also, don't forget that the re-install can take a long time towards the end as it re-indexes all the data files and re-creates the tombstones.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by TripleFun Wednesday, December 3, 2008 5:08 PM
    Monday, December 1, 2008 8:11 PM