CRM 2011 on Premise - Workflows not running RRS feed

• Question

• We had a few workflows that were running perfect last week.  Now they aren't running at all.  Nothing has changed with them.  Even setting up a simple workflow today, I can't even get to run.  It's not that they are failing or waiting - nothing is going on anywhere.  I wish I could provide more info but I don't see anything else anywhere that is helpful.

We upgraded from 2011 RC1 to RTM last Monday (28th) but the workflows were running ok a few days after that. 

One other small note (unrelated) I have noticed every new field we create now has a prefix of alewis_ not instead of new_ since the upgrade.  Why did that happen?   I didn't do the actual upgrade there but just wondering.

Monday, April 4, 2011 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi

I am not sure about the workflows not running. Are you getting any error messages? One thing you can check to see if the CRM asynchronous service is running or not. Workflows need this service to run. you cna check by logging into your APP server and then administrative tools > Services. Start the service it is stopped.

The prefix of alewis is coming from the defualt publisher. open CRM and then goto Settings > Customization > Publisher. Look for "alewis" under the prefix column. you can then open the default publisher and change the prefix. You can also goto Settings > Customization > Solutions and then look for default solution. Open the publisher associated with the default solution - most probably the defualt publisher has the prefix of "alewis".

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

http://xrmadventures.wordpress.com/

• Proposed as answer by AniMandal Monday, April 4, 2011 7:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kidd Nicko Monday, April 4, 2011 7:53 PM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi

I am not sure about the workflows not running. Are you getting any error messages? One thing you can check to see if the CRM asynchronous service is running or not. Workflows need this service to run. you cna check by logging into your APP server and then administrative tools > Services. Start the service it is stopped.

The prefix of alewis is coming from the defualt publisher. open CRM and then goto Settings > Customization > Publisher. Look for "alewis" under the prefix column. you can then open the default publisher and change the prefix. You can also goto Settings > Customization > Solutions and then look for default solution. Open the publisher associated with the default solution - most probably the defualt publisher has the prefix of "alewis".

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

http://xrmadventures.wordpress.com/

• Proposed as answer by AniMandal Monday, April 4, 2011 7:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Kidd Nicko Monday, April 4, 2011 7:53 PM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 7:43 PM
  • Thank you very much Ani Mandal.  The CRM asynchoronous service is actually in there twice (one of them Maintenance).  When I first glanced in I saw it was started but the one above it was not.  I started the other one and everything is working as it should with the workflows.   Should I be alaramed that it stopped?  It is set to automatic.

Monday, April 4, 2011 7:53 PM