Demo III Web Service Sample RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to sync data on SQL EXPRESS on my desktop using the Web services sample. However I could not find a way to remove duplicates in reference.cs as mentioned in the instructions to test the sample.

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

Apurva
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:26 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:46 PM

All replies

• Apurva,

Try to compare the reference.cs file in the sample files and the one generated on you machine after adding the web reference. You should see the code to comment.

Thanks

Thursday, July 12, 2007 5:52 PM
  • Rafik,

Thank you so much for the help. I did comment out the code. However it seems when I run the sample, the changes in the client database are being enumerated properly (as shown by the progress form) but none of them is getting applied (progress form also doesnt show it). Am I missing something?

I can execute the Demo-1 successfully on the same dataset.

Thanks

Apurva
    Friday, July 13, 2007 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

Can you validate if the changes arrived at the server? Try to debug the web service and see it the it was called correctly with the dataset of changes. Also check out the server database if it has the changes. The progress event is good when both client and server providers are in the same process, here things are a bit different.

Thanks

Friday, July 13, 2007 7:25 PM