Peer 2 Peer Synchronization for SQL CE 3.5-Sample RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for some sample for synching data between 2 SQL CE 3.5 SDFs using peer to peer synchronization. The samples that get installed with SDK are for desktop. Is there a sample for windows mobile.

Thanks

Apurva
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 12:24 AM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:30 PM

Answers

• the P2P sync is not supported on Mobile platforms with the current releases of the Sync Services. However I will appreciate if you can provide your business adjustment and this probably can help us make the decision for our future releases.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, October 9, 2009 6:51 PM

All replies

• the P2P sync is not supported on Mobile platforms with the current releases of the Sync Services. However I will appreciate if you can provide your business adjustment and this probably can help us make the decision for our future releases.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, October 9, 2009 6:51 PM
  • Hello Yunwen,

Thank you so much for your reply. We need P2P sync for our application which has a 2 flavours-mobile and desktop. The mobile version allows users to create records within a database. After all the changes are made, users sync the sdf to a desktop location. The desktop application looks at this location and allows users to make one more round of changes to SDF before it is finally processed. If the desktop user makes any changes to the SDF, the changes need to sync back to mobile device. The final processing part of the application includes functionality to read the SDF and create a PDF report out of it.

Please let me know if this makes a case to include this functionality in future release. If yes then is there any planned CTP soon?

Thanks

Apurva
    Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:01 PM