Problem with panorama size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have started using M. Ice same days ago and I'm quite impressed (especially with the stiching spped) but I have a problem. The final image is always really small. For example with a 2*4 (columns*rows) set of images with a resolution of 3888*2592 pixel (CANON CR2 format) the final image is a panorama of 2698*2843!!! (SCALE 100%) If I convert first the same set from cr2 to jpg the final image became 5451*5736. I have already tried with different sets, only 1 row or 1 columns but the problem doesn't disappears. I tried even to change the memory ICE can use but without results.

Intel I5 with 4 giga ram

Can you help me to fix this problem?

Thanks Alessandro

Sunday, September 18, 2011 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Matt...I managed to solve my issue. I founded a dialog option in the control panel of window regarding fast viewer that has an option to force the use of raw miniature or the full raw file. Now everything works fine (at least until I save the final image...my pc freeze around 30 - 40% during the save process...but I doubt that could be related to ICE...seems a disk problem :-/ )
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:30 PM

All replies

• What 'codec' are you using to allow ICE to open RAW files?  My guess is that you are using a codec that only gives access to a preview size image as opposed to the full resolution contents of the file.

Please see my blog post on RAW with ICE for recommendations: http://hdview.wordpress.com/2011/08/06/microsoft-camera-codec-pack-offers-raw-support-in-windows/

Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:12 PM
  • Hi Matt, I'm using this: http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/

Near the bottom of the page I read:

"WIC-compliant codecs also enable a number of applications to directly open new file formats, such as for example Microsoft ICE, Sony Creative Software's Vegas Professional or The Panorama Factory, just to name a few. We at FastPictureViewer even created an optional (and experimental) Photoshop Import Plug-in which let older versions of Photoshop (CS, CS2, CS3...) import newer raw files through our codecs (currently with some restrictions), provided that the plug-in is installed as well."

After your previous answer I tried to install microsoft camera codec pack 16.0.0652.0621 but during the installation (of both version, x86 and x64) I receive this message:

It seems that I don't have sufficient permission to write some key in the registry but is impossible...the installation is launched with administration provileges...

Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:27 PM
  • That's odd about the fast picture viewer.  I was using it until Microsoft released the codec pack.  I don't remember that it limited the decode dimensions.

I'm sorry that you are having this install issue.  I did a quick search on the internet and found the following:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/microsoft-camera-codec-pack-16006520621-could-not/6faac61d-ff5d-4c54-b2d1-ffdbda4e4cbd?page=1&tab=AllReplies

I can't vouch for this answer, but it seems like it has worked for others.

Monday, September 19, 2011 12:44 AM
  • Hi Matt...I managed to solve my issue. I founded a dialog option in the control panel of window regarding fast viewer that has an option to force the use of raw miniature or the full raw file. Now everything works fine (at least until I save the final image...my pc freeze around 30 - 40% during the save process...but I doubt that could be related to ICE...seems a disk problem :-/ )
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:30 PM
  • Too bad about the PC freeze though.  In case this helps - you can change the ICE "Temporary file locations" by selecting Tools>Options...
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:50 PM