CRM Case be emailed RRS feed

• Question

• We are using CRM 4.0 update 3 and was wondering if a case could be emialed in CRM.  I am able to go to the case and select email at the top but when the reciever gets the email there is nothing on it.  Right now we are saving to pdf and then attaching that.  Is there another way.

Thanks in Advance
    Len
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 5:46 PM

Answers

• HI len

is your CRM exposed on the ineternet?
    If so use the the CRM workflow accelarator from codeplex and insert maybe a link to your case? just a thought
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:55 AM
  • First thing to do is create an e-mail template. Got to settings, template, e-mail templates and select new. Select for template type the entitie case. With the openend form you can create the template, add default tekst and add attributes from the related entities user, account, contact and case. Save the template, open the case, select actions, add activities, e-mail. In the e-mail form select the created template.

Friday, May 8, 2009 7:46 AM

All replies

• HI len

is your CRM exposed on the ineternet?
    If so use the the CRM workflow accelarator from codeplex and insert maybe a link to your case? just a thought
    Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:55 AM
  • First thing to do is create an e-mail template. Got to settings, template, e-mail templates and select new. Select for template type the entitie case. With the openend form you can create the template, add default tekst and add attributes from the related entities user, account, contact and case. Save the template, open the case, select actions, add activities, e-mail. In the e-mail form select the created template.

Friday, May 8, 2009 7:46 AM
  • Create an 'On Demand' Case workflow that sends an email, populated as required. Instead of hitting the email button from the case, you hit the workflow button ;)

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:57 AM