none
Help RRS feed

• Question

• I am interested in becoming an IT professional, and am wondering where to start, and what certifications should i look into first. I have some computer knowledge and enjoy working with computers. Please help me get started on a new career. Thank you. Ive considered A+, but  read around and seen that some people don't think its necessary.
    Sunday, January 9, 2011 10:08 PM

Answers

• Great.

I think,  your age matter lot to start fresh from the scratch.

Assuming that you are experienced, here is my advice.

I would say, you enrich and enhance your IT skill from the  place where your w.r.t what you know already. Meaning, IT is support service, it is applied every walk of our life. If you are  real estate agent, see how IT  used in real estate and start getting the IT skill in that domain. Try to blend your real estate domain expertise with  IT skill with out loosing your current potential instead of starting fresh. For that, you really don't need IT skill but desire to get IT, which you are demonstrating already here.  Since I am not sure about your domain expertise, I am not able to comment on that.  Try to sell, how your domain expertise could help the IT in your company. I think, it will be more valuable and respectable if you don't compromise your domain expertise and still try to work in IT.

Try to do some research, find out what IT skill is in demand in your domain and try to get those skill.

Demand, Look for change and Move on.

Hope this help.

siva
    Monday, January 10, 2011 4:05 AM