all i have is a 15 day trial period after i paid $200 for windows live one care and microsoft office RRS feed

• Question

• my parents just bought me this computer a week ago, we paid an extra $200 to get windows one care and microsoft office added onto the computer. it was telling me that i needed to subscribe. well i tried to do the activate it with the product key that's inside the case and it is telling me that it is in use with another account but the account that it is in use with is the one that i tried to activate it with. now all i have is a 15 day trial period. it's really starting to piss me off because we spent all that money and it isn't doing *** to protect my computer like it is supposed to.

Sunday, April 6, 2008 6:46 PM

Answers

• It is possible that the computer retailer who set up the PC for you already activated OneCare for you, but didn't complete it successfully. You have two choices - go back to the retailer who installed OneCare or contact OneCare support to determine the LiveID for the key in your retail package to make sure that it isn't a duplicate. If it is a duplicate, you'll need to get another retail package from the retailer in exchange for yours.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Note also that if you had a 15 day trial period a week after you got the PC, it sounds like you may have reinstalled OneCare as that is the period of time you get after an install from CD before activation is required. If the PC was obtained a week ago, you should have about 7 days left for activation.

If you didn't reinstall OneCare, you may have a system date/time problem.

And, finally, I wonder if you created a new User ID in Windows and OneCare was setup under a different account and wants you to activate with the LiveID for that subscription...

-steve

Monday, April 7, 2008 5:59 PM