WHS not reporting available HD space correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Up until 3 days ago, my WHS box, home build, was reporting the total disk space on the "data" drive correctly.  Now when I open My Computer on any of the attached computers or I remote log in to the WHS and view My Computer the total disk space is reported as only the disk space of one of the 500GB drives installed (the one with the C: partition).  The Free Space still reports correctly however.  

If I log into the connector software it reports the correct free and total space.

For example, my M drive, a WHS share, shows 578GB free of 445GB.  It should say 578GB free of 900ish GB.

Anyone ever seen this or know how I might fix it?  I've tried restarting the server and restarting the connected computers.

Thanks,
    Joel 
    Friday, November 28, 2008 12:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• There was  a patch just about 3 days ago that changed the way WHS showed free space so that Vista users could copy more then what the landing zone had available.  Perhaps this is a result of that.  As long as you have the correct free space in the console, I wouldn't worry.
    athlon 3400, 2gb ram, 9 drives totaling about 3.5 tbs.
    Friday, November 28, 2008 1:00 PM
  • Please have a look at the thread November WHS update issues for more details
    • Marked as answer by jsrivard Friday, November 28, 2008 1:36 PM
    Friday, November 28, 2008 1:00 PM
  • Excellent, I did notice an update at the same time so I figured it might be linked.  I guess I'll just wait for MSFT to publish a fix.  It's really only an aesthetic issue as the view I like to use in vista graphically shows the share as completely full (red bar).

Thanks again,
    Joel
    Friday, November 28, 2008 1:33 PM
  • Besides that, using Remote Desktop is an unsupported scenario, so all, what you see there is something you would not even see in normal use of WHS.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, November 28, 2008 1:57 PM