Dial-in Conferencing Settings Web Page RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to throw this at you guys and see if you had any suggestions... I am trying to get Dial-in Conferencing set up, but in Communicator, when i go to the Tools Menu, the "Dial-in Conferencing Settings" option is grayed out. I can select that option from the Conferencing menu in Outlook, but then it gives me this error:

"The Dial-in Conferencing Settings Web page is not available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator if the problem persists."

I can visit the web page directly in the web browser by pointing it at my cwa server and adding "dialin" to the url, but then when I try logging into that website, it tells me "Cannot sign in to the server. Please verify your user name and password."

Are there any specific prerequisites I need to check to get this to start working?
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:03 PM

All replies

• Try restarting your CWA server, or just the service. I've had that clear up this error in the past.

You might also want to verify the Meeting Policy assigned to the user has the PSTN dial-in option allowed.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:05 PM
  • I restarted my CWA server and my front-end, and I'm still getting the error about the web site not being available, and I get the same error when I visit the page directly.

I did go and change the settings in my location profile so that Dial-in conference is enabled on all the accounts. So I am one step closer.

I am able to call into a conference now, but the automated voice prompts me to log in, and, since I cannot access the dial-in conferencing web page, and i cannot log into it, I cannot set up my PIN number.
    Friday, May 22, 2009 3:46 PM
  • Update:

Something seems to have updated itself over the weekend, and now when I click Dial-in Conferencing Settings on the Conferencing menu in Outlook, it takes me to a web browser and attempts to connect to the URL that would have been the dial-in settings page if I were still using my old CWA server that I decommissioned last week (i.e it attempts to open a web browser to oldcwaFQDN/dialin instead of newcwaFQDN/dialin).

Where is outlook pulling this information from? Maybe if that gets updated to reflect the new server, it will begin working properly?
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:04 PM
  • In the CWA management console you'll need to publish your internal and external URLs to match your new FQDNs.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:38 PM
  • ah, ok. I did that a little while ago. It still has not taken affect, but hopefully things will replicate sometime today and the issue will be resolved. Will this also allow me to select the Dial-In Conferencing Settings item from the Tools menu in Communicator (it is grayed out)?
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 1:08 PM
  • In the CWA management console you'll need to publish your internal and external URLs to match your new FQDNs.

I have found that the "Dial-in Conferencing Settings" option in Office Communicator 2007 R2 is greyed out unless I publish the external URL in CWA.  If you publish the internal URL only the setting remains greyed out.

Surely the Communicator client should use the internal published URL?  My external URL is not available internally (but works externally).  However, none of my users can use the "Dial-in Conferencing Settings" option (when they are at work) as it tries to hit the external URL.

What is the internal URL even used for?

Cheers,
    David
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:21 PM