NewOffice 7 installation attempt to validate returns "This program already validated" RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased 3-Pack Office 7 with rights to upgrade to Office 2010, and recently attempted to follow through and perfom upgrades. Upgrade flawless on two laptops with Office 2003; installed Office 2007 over Office 2003 and validated, downloaded Office 2010 and validated it. The third computer had a previously purchased Office 2007 installed and validated, but to take advantage of upgrade on this machine I installed the 3-pack Office 2007 without problems over the previously installed verson. To continue to formalize trial Office 2010  I get same product number From the last 3-pack installation as used for the other two installations, but when I use this number to continue an error message returns "not validated";  and if I try revalidate the Offfice 2007, I get the message "this program already validated". Can you help so that I can validate the downloaded trial Office 2010. Many thanks.

Royolind

Saturday, September 11, 2010 2:42 AM

Answers

• "royolind" wrote in message news:fcbf3336-014a-4306-b0e1-f781e44c3fc8...

I purchased 3-Pack Office 7 with rights to upgrade to Office 2010, and recently attempted to follow through and perfom upgrades. Upgrade flawless on two laptops with Office 2003; installed Office 2007 over Office 2003 and validated, downloaded Office 2010 and validated it. The third computer had a previously purchased Office 2007 installed and validated, but to take advantage of upgrade on this machine I installed the 3-pack Office 2007 without problems over the previously installed verson. To continue to formalize trial Office 2010  I get same product number From the last 3-pack installation as used for the other two installations, but when I use this number to continue an error message returns "not validated";  and if I try revalidate the Offfice 2007, I get the message "this program already validated". Can you help so that I can validate the downloaded trial Office 2010. Many thanks.

Royolind

I would recommend completely uninstalling Office, and then using the cleanup procedure - then reinstall Office 2007, and the upgrade.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:53 PM
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:02 AM