Multiple CRM 4.0 issues- sending emails, creating workflows and importing data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I wonder if you can offer support with some CRM 4.0 issues were having. I'm not sure if some are related:

1) Currently when running a marketing campaign via the web interface it does not send out any of the emails. It creates the campaign but 'email messages created' there is nothing there. Number of successes and failures are both 0. If it isn't failing where are the messages going?

2) When running an email campaign via mail merge it works. However if I have a marketing list of 60 members sometimes it will send the first five and then stop. In some cases I've had to run the mail merge 6 times to get all 60 mail messages out, sending them in sub groups. This then has a knock on effect because I am consistently overwriting the original mail campaign, so I end up with a campaign running solely on the last subgroup of contacts as the previous 5 have been deleted.

3) When CRM 4.0 was first deployed we could import contacts no problem. However, after a month or so we wanted to include more but now when I try to import data is is constantly stuck in the 'submitted' state. It won't complete and each contact has to be added manually.

4)  When selecting a subset of records (e.g. contacts, accounts, etc) and exporting them to Excel the ‘hidden’ column cannot be found to update the records using data import wizard

5) In our system jobs we have hundreds of ‘matchcode updates’ on Leads, Contacts and Accounts. All of them have a ‘waiting’ status; it would be useful to know why they are ‘waiting’ and not ‘completed’. Some have ‘completed’ however.

6) When trying to publish a workflow I get the error 'an error was created when trying to publish the workflow. Please save the workflow and try again'.

Any support with some of these queries would be most useful.

Thanks,

Steve
    Monday, February 1, 2010 3:34 PM

All replies

• It looks that MS CRM Asynchronous Service is not running on your CRM server. Start it and it should help for points: 3,5,6.
    My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Monday, February 1, 2010 4:24 PM