none
Not authorized!! RRS feed

• Question

• I can remote access my server and all that but when i try and use the console this is the error i get!!!!

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

Please try the following:

• Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
    • Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401 .
    • Open IIS Help , which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security , Access Control , and About Custom Error Messages .
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 8:40 PM

All replies

• There's little information in your question, and there are many potential causes for your issue, so tell us more about your server and your problem, please. Home-built or OEM server? How long have you had it? Have you installed any add-ins? Have you uninstalled any? Have you installed any software outside the Windows Home Server console? How about configuration changes made outside of the console? (Note: "outside the console" in this context includes using things like Advanced Admin Console or the Windows Home Server toolkit's command prompt option.) When did you first notice the issue? Any/all of this information may prove to be essential.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, April 19, 2009 11:17 PM