none
Domain Names that i have bought RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all i am hosting some websites on windows home server and i have bought a domain name (www.snazyserver.com) (registed with www.godaddy.com )  and i have put the URL farward to .................homeserver.com but it dont deirect it top that the reaseon i think it because of the server is because when i hosted it on a web hosting coupany it i had to park the domain on the server os that it would work can any 1 help??
    Monday, February 2, 2009 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    you can only arrange a redirection of your domain from the hoster of your own domain name to your homeserver.com domain (if he offers this feature in the domain configuraiton tool).
    This gives you (with some limitations) the chance to access your home server with your other address.
    All other solutions would require a fixed IP address for your routers external interface, which can be costly dependend from the ISP.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by snazy2000 Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:37 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by snazy2000 Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lara JonesModerator Saturday, February 14, 2009 7:54 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Lara JonesModerator Saturday, February 14, 2009 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by snazy2000 Sunday, February 15, 2009 11:40 AM
    Monday, February 2, 2009 11:24 PM