Want to import customization to dynamics 365 online done for dynamics 2015 on premise. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to import a third party customization on  dynamics 365 online.

The customization was working fine on dynamics 2015 on premise.

Below is the steps to import the bundle:

1. Copy the file netProxy.aspx to this folder on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM server:

<var class="keyword varname">MicrosoftDynamicsCRMInstallation</var>\CRMWeb

2. Copy the file netProxy.dll to this folder on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM server:

<var class="keyword varname">MicrosoftDynamicsCRMInstallation</var>\CRMWeb\Bin

3. Log in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM as an administrator.
    4. Click Microsoft Dynamics CRM then click Settings.
    5. Click Solutions.
    6. Click Import.
    7. Browse to the Spectrum™ Technology Platform installation package and select the file:

MS CRM Objects\mscrm\PBMSDynamicsCRMConnector_4_0_0_managed.zip

8. Click Next then Publish All Customizations.
    9. Restart the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server.

I have issue on step a and b.

we have two files to be copied first to dynamics crm installtion folder.

I can easily manually copy the files to on premise installation in c drive program files How to copy the files in installation folder for dynamics 365 online version.

Thanks,

Anup

Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:14 AM

All replies

• ** issue is in step 1 and 2
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 7:27 AM
  • Hi Anup, 

For one project where I am busy , we use a azure app service for additional aspx or service used with CRM Online. I don't know if it can help you. 

Kr, 

Mohamed

Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:52 AM
  • Hi Mohamed,

I want to copy two files to dynamics online installation folder at below location.

>MicrosoftDynamicsCRMInstallation\CRMWeb

>MicrosoftDynamicsCRMInstallation\CRMWeb\bin

Thanks,

Anup

Friday, September 8, 2017 6:11 AM
  • Hi Anup, 

What is the use of these 2 files? 

Friday, September 8, 2017 7:54 AM
  • Hi Anup.

There are restrictions when deploying solutions to Dynamics 365 Online opposed to an on-premise installation, where you are in charge of the server itself.
    You should talk to the 3rd party that developed the solution if the package is compatibel with Dynamics 365 Online
    I would think not as per the requirment of files being placed in the CRM installation folders directly on disk.

As you probably know Dynamics 365 Online is a Software as a Service(SaaS) on the O365 platform which is shared by multiple customers/users.
    So putting .aspx and .dll files directly on disk in Dynamics 365 Online just wont work.
    If you think about it, your files would then have to be replicated across all servers hosting Microsoft's Dynamics 365 Online, the .aspx file under /CRMWeb would be accessible for all users.
    And one could only imaging the security implications that would impose :).

Assemblies (.dll) must registrered in isolationmode:"sandbox" in Dynamics 365 Online.
    And you cannot upload an .aspx page as a web resource either into your organisation, so most likely you must run this on a separate website, like in Azure as one have already mentioned in this thread.

However, as I first mentioned check with the company or developer behind the package for support in Dynamics 365 Online.

Best Regards.
    Philip

Friday, September 8, 2017 9:39 AM