When I install Office 2000 on my new PC I get an "invalid product key" message RRS feed

• Question

• I have a retail purchased pair of Office 2000 professional discs that were installed on a PC of mine that died - My new PC has Vista on it and it will not let me install my Office 2000 program. I have tried a workaround that Microsoft recommended that had me try to setup using the run (search) command, inputting the key in the setup command - it installed partially but when I tried to open a program it asked for the key again and I got the invalid key message again - Another way I tried was to copy the disc and change the setup ini file to include the product key - it did not work.. I read somewhere that since my new PC had a trial version of Office 2007 on it, it would not take my product key - I uninstaled all components of the Office 2007 trial - but still could not install my copy of Office 2000 - I HAVE my discs - I HAVE the correct product key for my program - What can I do to install this????
    Help!!!
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, November 7, 2009 12:45 AM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista))
    Friday, November 6, 2009 9:51 PM

Answers