Windows Onecare firewall quit RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have used onecare on this computer for almost a year now. Today the windows onecare firewall shut off. I tried the suggested fixes to no avail. Running the OneCareFirewallRepair tool reports that I do not have administrator rights. I even turned off user account control. I was able to remove windows one care and then reinstall it. It still did not fix the problem.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:48 AM

Answers

• I don't know what the 1603 error indicates and since reinstalling One Care did not resolve the issue it would be best to contact support.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:58 PM

All replies

• After saving the file to your computer you can right click the file, select "Run As Administrator" and it should execute. If you are still unable to run the repair tool or if the issue continues please contact support. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, April 27, 2008 4:07 AM
  • I tried your suggestion and it allowed me to execute the program, however the program stopped with a error code of 1603. Also the "Change settings" in Windows Onecare has stopped working. It reports "Cannot open settings"

I do not know if it is related or not but check dsk does not work either. 

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:38 PM
  • I don't know what the 1603 error indicates and since reinstalling One Care did not resolve the issue it would be best to contact support.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:58 PM