Can't turn virus and spyware setting back on? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, My Virus and spamware setting was shut off with out my doing so and now when I try to turn it on I get an error message that says "Windows Live OneCare cannot change your virus and spyware protection settings at this time.  Please try again later or restart the computer.  If the problem persists contact support."  The problem is persisting so I need to know how to fix this and get my settings turned back on?  Thank you for any information or help.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jl

It does sound like you need to get in touch with support they can be found through this post http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2476925&SiteID=2

chuck

Sunday, December 30, 2007 7:18 PM
  •  

Hello, My Virus and spamware setting was shut off with out my doing so and now when I try to turn it on I get an error message that says "Windows Live OneCare cannot change your virus and spyware protection settings at this time.  Please try again later or restart the computer.  If the problem persists contact support."  The problem is persisting so I need to know how to fix this and get my settings turned back on?  Thank you for any information or help.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:43 AM
  • Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:13 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem. It started a within the last week. I have contacted support and had four marathon sessions with first level responders who have done everything (sometimes twice or three times) including restarting, uninstalling, cleaning up. 

Now the problem has been handed to an "expert" and we have gone through basically the same stuff again.

I want to know: can I get my money back? 

My computer is not virus protected and I cant afford to wait any longer. 
    I need to switch to another product and move on.

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:29 AM