Cursor is like an cross arrow

• I find this a bit confusing when editing text that this cross arrow is there, is there a way to turn this off, so it can be more like when editing text in word 2007?
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 2:50 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure what product your talking about...
    Perhaps you could tell us what product your using, what the problem is and what your trying to do...
    [if you’re not  clear with your question(s), the answer(s) can be just as skewed]
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 3:26 PM
  • Im using newest live writer.

When I put my mouse cursor over som text, this cross arrow appears over the text. It's just the same cross arrow that you get when editing a picture when clicking on it, so you can move it. I have kind of the same thing with the text. And it's not what I am used to when editing text in word 2007.
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 3:41 PM
  • I don't think this is a function of Windows Live Writer; mine doesn't do that [not the last year ]

So, if you reboot, and and go back in to Windows Live Writer does the issue re-appear?

Does the issue seem to be theme specific [only happens with that one theme ]?

Sunday, February 07, 2010 4:40 PM

• No it's not helping reboot.

Here is a photo: flicr .

Issue hapend when text is writen, or copyed from somthing.

I did not get the arrow cursor with me in the picture when using print screen, I dont know why. But you see this all this litle square all around the text. Thats an strange why to edit text, its look just like when you edit picture, you get all this square around the picture. When I move my cursor inside this litle square I can drag the text down or something, just like an picture.
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Ah.

That's a TABLE, DIV or BLOCKQUOTE [etc]. Your copying information from somewhere else and pasting and it's transferring the data... Sometimes the HTML comes too.
    What you need to do is able to strip out the formatted stuff and just paste the text.

I think you should try CLIPBOARD LIVE.

This has some options for when you copy and paste information. Don't forget to check the options for the plug-in.
    It's very useful.

Hope this helps.

L. Henry Jr.
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:12 PM
  • Thank you for fast answer.

I will try it out. But I did not copy from anything. I just typed the text right into the live writer. Is this strange editing thing there from the beginning?

I litle question out of context, you referred to this plugin. I manage to enter this page where it was. But are there some more plugin, because when I enter this site from live writer I cant se any plugins there, not even in all category. It nothing there it says.
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Clipboard LIVE

If I'm misunderstanding your issue... perhaps it's your THEME...

Try the Theme Fixer...
    Windows Live Writer doesn't always detect or refresh the themes correctly, but you might want to try a free utility to try to adjust or FIX the theme in Windows Live Writer.

The utility can be found here:

Read through the instructions, you use it correctly and you just might not have an issue soon.

Hope this helps.

Sunday, February 07, 2010 8:30 PM
  • I not sure about the them, because it hapend before I do anything in google blogpot. When I use preview I can see the blog exactly as I should do. But this cursor thing hapen in edit window, right away when I start writing. Do you still think it could be an them problem?

Beside the cursor thing I have this line space problem where I have this big space between lines, and not a normal space between line like in word. I have to use shift enter every time I hit return, to get normal lines.

But what do I do if I get error after the them fix. I saw there where some poeple having problem after the fix. Can I just reinstall the live writer to get back to normal? 
    Monday, February 08, 2010 7:24 PM
  • I think the problem is your theme, and regardless of how many times you reinstall Windows Live Writer, your going to have the same issue.
    The carriage return issue is the same issue; unless someone else has a rebuttal.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:09 AM
  • Larry is correct. This is a problem with your theme.

PowerShot, what blog provider are you using (Wordpress? Blogger?) and what theme are you using? If you change your blog to use a different them and then re-add it through Writer, does it work as you expect?
    Windows Live Writer Developer
    Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:14 AM