rollup update 3 CRM 4.0 SQL SERVER 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a situation with CRM 4.0 and SQL SERVER 2008 where the only component installed is the CRM server.
    I  installed the server after manually updaing (otherwise, the installtion wouldn't have worked) the server using XML
    file and command promt, as described at the KB dealing with SQL SERVER 2008 with CRM 4, and following the instructions
    in installing pdf. However, these manual updates worked only for the server and the other simply are not recognized by
    the command promt, although I checked that the XML is valid and follow the instructions.

Then, I tried the rollup update 3. The rollup worked only for the server. I tried to run the appropriate rollup on the
    exchange server and got an error message right on the start saying the there is no email router configured on that server,
    which is funny because I had just finished configuring the  email router after had it installed and  i see its icon in the
    "Start->programs" menu.
    The SrsDataConnector  - I cannot update it using any method, manually or with the rollup.

After restarting the Server where the CRM server is  installed, I still have these problems.

Does the rollup replaces the manully update (using command prompt)?  - so I won't have to try both...

Any suggestions how to make the rollup work? (this is a new crm server with no rollup before)?
    Isn't the rollup suitable for using with SQL SERVER 2008?
    The original SrsDataConnector installation (from CD) sais that there is no reporting services installed, although
    it is installed...
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:38 PM

Answers

• I may be able to answer some of your questions.

Re the SRS data connector message saying there is no reporting services installed, this is probably because you have a named SQL instance.  You have to edit the config file with the SRS data connector and add the name of your sql instance.  see http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/04/installing-the.html

The rollup does not replace the updated installation files. 

Re the exchange server, is the email router configured, or is it just installed?  If you are having trouble installing it on the Exchange box, you may want to try a different server.  It does not have to go on the Exchange box.

It sounds to me like your CRM server install is solid.  You may want to try a fresh install of the SRS data connector in the e-mail router.  I would uninstall these components and try to install them again fresh.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 10:31 AM
  • Hi,

Check user('NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' ) permission on the database(2 db of CRM) and also the platform for reporting, checking in the crm folder in properties, security.
    On installation you're putting MachineName/ReportServer?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:43 PM

All replies

• I may be able to answer some of your questions.

Re the SRS data connector message saying there is no reporting services installed, this is probably because you have a named SQL instance.  You have to edit the config file with the SRS data connector and add the name of your sql instance.  see http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/04/installing-the.html

The rollup does not replace the updated installation files. 

Re the exchange server, is the email router configured, or is it just installed?  If you are having trouble installing it on the Exchange box, you may want to try a different server.  It does not have to go on the Exchange box.

It sounds to me like your CRM server install is solid.  You may want to try a fresh install of the SRS data connector in the e-mail router.  I would uninstall these components and try to install them again fresh.
    Monday, April 27, 2009 10:31 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    I installed the manual (xml) patch for  the SSRS using command prompt.
    The patch did not help: we still cannot operate the report wizard in the CRM - on the display phase of the report, it
    shows an error (with no details).

By the way, the log of the diagnostic tool shows error about this  as well:
    "The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' are insufficient for performing this operation "

We followed your advice about granting permissions, so we granted anything we could think is relavant.

Now, the permissions are as following:
    1. the same server is used for SQL server 2008 & CRM 4.0. 
    2. on the Active directory the CRM Server is on the following groups: PrivReportingGroup, PrivUserGroup & SQLAccessGroup.
    3. on the Active directory we created another user with administrative permissions on the domain which belong to the following CRM groups: ReportingGroup & UserGroup. this user is used for running SSRS for the CRM.
    4. on the SQL 2008 management studio: the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE has the stongest permissions on the following Databases: Organization_MSCRM, MSCRM_CONFIG, ReportServer & ReportServerTempDB. The SSRS user has also loggin to the SQL 2008 Managment studio.
    5. http://server-mame/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx - displayed correctly.
    6. on the IIS we created a new application pool named "reportserver" which is running under LOCAL SYSTEM user.
    7. the reporting service account is 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. the correct report server Database credential is also the NETWORK SERVICE. the exection account is the user with the administrative permissions which we created on AD.

any idea?

Thank you in advance :)
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

Check user('NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE' ) permission on the database(2 db of CRM) and also the platform for reporting, checking in the crm folder in properties, security.
    On installation you're putting MachineName/ReportServer?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:43 PM