Question on Streets and Trips Functionality - Driving Time RRS feed

• Question

• hello forum,

I need to do the following.  I have about 1,000 addresses and I need to find the driving time for each to a central (1) location. 

I realize I can setup a 'route' and do each one individually, but I am hoping their is an easier way to do this. I have Streets and Trips 2010.

I have found a Google Map API that can do this, but I don't know how to set up a website and use them so I'm out of luck with that option.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, March 25, 2012 8:41 AM

Answers

• Yes there are a number of batch add-ins for Microsoft MapPoint, including our own MPMileCharter ( http://www.mpmilecharter.com - free download trial available). This can do many-to-many, many-to-one (which you are requesting), and "find closest N within a specific distance and/or travel time".

Unfortunately they will not work with Streets & Trips because S&T does not have a programmers' interface (API). Shame, as many Streets & Trips customers would be in interested in a number of our add-in products.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

• Edited by winwaed Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:36 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Marvin Hlavac Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:16 PM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:36 PM

All replies

• What degree of accuracy do you need?
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 1:59 PM
  • There may be an add-on that accomplishes this for Microsoft MapPoint (business version of Microsoft Streets & Trips).

Laptop GPS World

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:36 AM
  • Yes there are a number of batch add-ins for Microsoft MapPoint, including our own MPMileCharter ( http://www.mpmilecharter.com - free download trial available). This can do many-to-many, many-to-one (which you are requesting), and "find closest N within a specific distance and/or travel time".

Unfortunately they will not work with Streets & Trips because S&T does not have a programmers' interface (API). Shame, as many Streets & Trips customers would be in interested in a number of our add-in products.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

• Edited by winwaed Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:36 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Marvin Hlavac Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4:16 PM
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 1:36 PM