Virus Pop Ups RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting popups on my computer from Anti Virus 2009 saying that there are major threats and virus on my computer. I don't even have Anti Virus I just have Windows Live OneCare.  How can I make these popups go away?

I also can't even access Windows Update Webpage, I just get a blank screen.

And my Windows Live OneCare has been going in and out of yellow red and green constantly the last 48 hours.

Is there something that I can do to fix these problems?

• Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Tuesday, January 6, 2009 6:38 PM (Moved from Windows Live OneCare General to Windows Live OneCare Anti-Virus)
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• One of the popups is from Windows Internet Explorer and it says

"ATTENTION! If your computer is struck by spyware you could suffer a date loss, erratic PC behaviour, PC freezes and crashes.

Detect and remove viruses before the damage your computer!
    Antivirus 2009 will perform a 100% FREE and quick scan of your computer for Viruses, Spyware and Adware.

Do you want to install Antivirus 2009 to scan your computer for malware now? (Recommended)"

And then there is a OK or CANCEL box.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Hello Armstrong, please contact support for help with removing Win Antivirus 2009. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:48 PM