Slow transfer rates on a seagate acronis cloned SATA disk RRS feed

• Question

• I recently had to clone my IDE 40Gb drive onto a SATA 80Gb drive.  The cloning worked fine (the new drive booted and all the files are intact), the problem is that I noticed a significant reduction in transfer speeds. Starting a program which took just a few seconds then now took much longer.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the motherboard and i have tried uninstalling/installing the controllers on device manager but nothing seemed to work.

I test my system on PC Pitstop's website (I'm not aware of any other method to test my system), and the report that comes out indicates that the transfer rate on my hard disks are only 3Mb/sec when the typical rates are ten times as much.

Can you point me in the right direction as to how I could fix this problem

thanks
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:09 PM

Answers

• I recently had to clone my IDE 40Gb drive onto a SATA 80Gb drive.  The cloning worked fine (the new drive booted and all the files are intact), the problem is that I noticed a significant reduction in transfer speeds. Starting a program which took just a few seconds then now took much longer.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers for the motherboard and i have tried uninstalling/installing the controllers on device manager but nothing seemed to work.

I test my system on PC Pitstop's website (I'm not aware of any other method to test my system), and the report that comes out indicates that the transfer rate on my hard disks are only 3Mb/sec when the typical rates are ten times as much.

Can you point me in the right direction as to how I could fix this problem

thanks

This forum is for Windows Home Server.  You should post your question in either the Acronis forums, the forums for your mobo, or the OS you are using (7, Vista, or XP).
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:18 PM