Silverlight errors RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting periodic silverlight errors when when navigating the folder, viewing images, etc.

I can't paste the image of the error in this thread, though.

Rob Bushway, Tablet PC MVP
    • Changed type Nadia Fortini Friday, May 2, 2008 4:05 PM Known issue
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Shawn,

We have a known issue that generates that error code, and the team is working on fixing it as Tony mentioned.  In this case there is a workaround: if you close and then restart your browser you should be able to view pictures, etc. again.  Thank you for the detailed information, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Rob - Any information you could give us about the errors you are seeing would be helpful. We know of a handful of errors in our Silverlight viewer and we are patching those very soon.  It would be great if you had error numbers or text so that I could see if they are among the ones we are fixing already.

Thanks for using Live Mesh,
    -Tony
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:38 AM
  • I'm having the same problem.  Here is the error info.

Silverlight error message
    Errorcode: 5014
    Errortype: ParserError
    XamlFile: /res/FileBrowser.xap
    line: 1
    Position: 3

The image name is "sierra nevada.jpg" in a folder called "Unnamed Tech".  Just installed Silverlight 2.0 beta 1 but I have not rebooted since the install.  I am also behind a corporate firewall, so Live Mesh on my desktop can't connect but I haven't had any other problems with live desktop.

Shawn McCollum
    http://tubejumper.com
    http://unnamedtech.com
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:45 PM
  • Hi Shawn,

We have a known issue that generates that error code, and the team is working on fixing it as Tony mentioned.  In this case there is a workaround: if you close and then restart your browser you should be able to view pictures, etc. again.  Thank you for the detailed information, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:58 PM