none
Synching Outlook 2010 Contacts with Hotmail Using Hotmail Connector For Synch with Android Phone

Question

• I have always been a Blackberry user for the ease of synching Outlook contacts and calendars with my mobile phone.  Before buyning my new Android phone, I researched the synching of Outlook and was lead to believe it was possible through the use of Hotmail.  I set up my hotmail to be accessible from my Outlook on my laptop using the Outlook/Hotmail connector.  I can now access my buiness contacts in Hotmail through Outlook but I have to manually adjust the contacts folder to direct it to my original Outlook cotnacts file.  I was told that I could import the files using the import wizard in Windows Live Hotmail, but when I go to the Options tab (as per the insurctions for importing contacts), I do not get the Option to import from Outlook.  Also, I am confused; the direcctions per Microsoft refer to "Windows Live Hotmail" but when I load up the web-based program from my Office 2010, it brings up "Windows Live Mail" - Is there a difference?  My Andorid phone is set to synch with my hotmail account, but since I can't get the contacts into my web-based program, they won't synch to my phone.  Is there a way to synch cotnacts between Outlook and Hotmail, rather than just copying the files?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MIchael J. Schroepfer
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:55 AM

All replies

• This forum is for a blog software called Windows Live Writer. For help in Windows Live Hotmail, visit windowslivehelp.com.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:27 PM